Skip to main content

Go Digital

I have heard the old saying of investing in real estate, land, physical businesses basically hard assets. I have discussed with many people regarding this and it always points back to one thing. The hard assets make you paper rich but not liquid. On paper, you have money but if I ask you to give me one million on the spot, you would have to sell one or two properties. This is why I decided for foreseeable future, I will get wealthy online. 

Digital Ocean of Opportunities


There are so many opportunities on the internet and the great thing is that you can do them from anywhere in the world. I like that freedom because I want to be travelling a lot in future and an easy way to do that is to make your money online. If there is one thing that Covid-19 has taught us is that you can work remotely, make more money and still get to enjoy yourself. Going out are the strict 9 to 5 jobs as companies are now considering hybrid working modes that involve both remote and going to the office.

Liquidity above all!


Not having hard assets means there is nothing tying you down in Kenya. If you had hard assets and you got an opportunity to work abroad, you would have to either pass it up, sell your assets and move there. So if you are considering acquiring assets, why not acquire digital ones? Going digital is one of the best ways to make money. It has been done, researched and told countless of times. Be it online writing, transcribing, YouTube, Stock marketing investing, bonds etc.

Liquidity is very important in this day and age especially as elections near. You need to able to get cash as fast as possible in case things go haywire. If most of your assets are in land, rentals etc, it will be hard to convert to cash as compared to selling your stock in the NSE. 

So now you are thinking of going digital, what are some of the ways you can go about it? 

Consider Nairobi Stock Market


Have you ever wondered how banks, pension funds, money market funds make their money and guarantee you a certain percentage of returns? It is mostly through stock market, treasury bills and bonds. So why not cut through the middleman and go to the source directly? I know stock market is a jungle and only few get through and see the waterfall at the end of it. 

I have read Peter Oluoch's book on Trading the Stock Market Profitably and it has been an eye opener. Peter did his Master's thesis on Stock Market trading specifically the Nairobi Stock Exchange. So this is a guy who knows what he is talking about and can back it up. On top of his book, he has a Telegram channel where over 13,000 people have joined who are interested in stock market trading. The wealth of information that is passed on to the group is insane and I haven't found anywhere else like it especially in Kenya. The VIP is even better with well researched stock recommendations, Q n A with Peter and monthly training on the stock market.

If you are serious with trading on the Stock Market, reading his books and joining the Telegram Channel  is one way to get started.

Go Wild with Crypto


Recently, I got into the groove of trading Cryptos. They move very fast and you can make money very easily and lose it easily as well. I put in a little money to experiment with it and get better with time. I believe such things must be experienced hands on. In one week of starting crypto, I have learnt so much such using indicators, candle sticks to read the charts. I feel I am becoming better everyday and the great thing is that once I master the technical analysis, I can transfer the skill to any stock exchange in the world and even Forex! The potential is very great and I can do it from my mobile, anywhere, anytime. However, be warned that you can lose all your money very fast if you don't know what you're doing. Crypto is very volatile, rising up and down in a blink of an eye.

If you're interested in getting started with crypto, I have made a video below that you can watch.


Thank you for reading all the way to the end. If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know in the comment section.

Comments